Treadmill and elliptical are the two common names among the fitness enthusiastic as they prefer to workout with these machines either at gym or at home. Treadmills are popular with those who prefer walking at the same place as a way to remain fit whereas elliptical allows you to combine cardio as well as total body workout. Elliptical is the mainstay in the gymnasium. Although these machines are quite effective to stay fit but working on it on regular basis might make you feel bored. There are many ways by which you can make the workout sessions on these machines fruitful and effective. The present day machines like Nordic Track Treadmill and other comes installed with additional features to enhance your overall experience. Below given is a list of tips to make the most of your work out session with treadmill and elliptical.
Tips to make the most of your treadmill workout:
Below given is a list of tips that will help you to make your treadmill workout session effective as well as interesting.
- Mix and match your running on a treadmill: You can combine various things like increasing the incline in the first quarter and then start with calves, quads and hamstrings in the declining mode. Sometimes change the mode to low level and then high level hill program to get a better result while working.
- Change your way of running: The treadmill offers not only forward running but also can be used for sideways shuffle thus providing workout for your hips, calves, abs and thighs. Just hold the rail and stand side ways as if your body is facing the left railing.
- Use it for strengthening the upper body: Use your treadmill to do dips as well as chest presses thus making it effective for the upper body. Just stand normally on the machine, hold the rails and lean back on your heels and the bend your arms and come back to the initial position.
Tips to make the most of your elliptical workout:
Not only treadmill but the elliptical can also be used with variation to get the best of the workout. Below given is a list of the same:
- Elliptical booty Workout: Use the incline on the machine to target your hamstrings. This feature will help you to tone up your back along with cardio workout. Just make sure to keep your heels down
- Turn your elliptical into a core work out : elliptical core work out uses all your muscles as you try hard to maintain your balance and if you go faster it will affect your core even more
- Turn it into treadmill: Elliptical treadmill workout can be good choice if you do not find any treadmill free at gym. To have the same feel avoid holding the handles of the elliptical and then run or walk.
Thus using the above tips you will surely be able to make your treadmill and elliptical workout interesting as well as effective. There are varieties of these machines available in the market and you can go for the one after going through treadmill and elliptical reviews.