Different people have different notion about the ‘Steroids.’ Some consider them as a prescription to treat certain type of illness and others consider their importance in gaining muscle mass, strength and for general body fitness. Athletes especially treat anabolic steroids vital for varied purposes.
Before starting the steroids, it is important to understand what steroids are? How do they work? What are the different types of steroids available in the market?
Steroids are the organic compound with a complex chemical structure. Read below to know more about the various types of Steroids:
Generally prescribed by doctors to treat a specific condition, they have the same effect as the adrenal glands hormones. They help in fighting inflammation. A common corticosteroid is known as prednisone, along with many others. They come in oral and injectable forms. For a range of corticosteroids, visit http://120kgs.com/.
- Oral Corticosteroids: Advised to be taken in short doses with the prescription, these help in combating pain and other conditions. Known to give quick relief. They are available in different types and strengths.
- Injectable Corticosteroids: Given in the form of injection in veins or muscles, these can be given in larger dosage. Asthma patients are given very high dosage of these injectable steroids intravenously to help them recover from acute asthma attacks.
- Topical Corticosteroids: Available at drugstores, they are helpful in treating rashes and itching. Stronger topical steroids are only available with the prescription. The concentrated version can be available over the counters.
This is another type of steroids, specifically for athletes and bodybuilders. In rare cases, they can be prescribed by medical practitioners in case of low testosterone in men or in other severe health conditions where gaining body mass is a priority. They help in gaining strength, stamina and muscle growth. Like corticosteroids, anabolic steroids also come in various forms:
- Oral anabolic steroids: Available in the form of pills, tablets, Andriol and Dianabol are the common oral anabolic steroids, taken by athletes for gaining body mass. Although they are harmful to the liver, they are known for quick results.
- Injectable anabolic steroids: Given in larger dosage, injectable anabolic is preferred over oral counterparts because of lesser side effects and liver damage. However, they should also be taken with care and planning as excessive and random usage can cause side effects and stress on the organs.
- Anabolic steroid pellets: Originated mainly for veterinary use, they are given to animals to increase their size. Recently, steroid pellets for men have also been developed and gaining popularity. In men, they are surgically inserted under the skin and releases testosterone for some time.
There are different types of steroids available today for various purposes. It is essential to understand that each type is different and may not work the same way for two people.
Also, steroid cycle planning should be understood well before going on the steroids as unsupervised, random use can lead to various health issues with dangerous side effects. Weigh all the pros and cons of various types of steroids before using them.