Doctor’s are an essential part of society, their knowledge of the human body enables them to save lives every day. Becoming a doctor is not an easy task. It takes at least seven years to pass through the basic training, after this it usually takes another three years to become a GP or between five and eight years to train in one of the specialty fields. Visit New Orleans ENT to find out what ENT doctors offer.
There are a huge number of different specialty fields available for trainee doctors to study; the following is just a few of the main fields:
• Cardiovascular – heart specialists
• Emergency – doctors who work in an accident and emergency department and my deal with any type of trauma.
• Dermatology – skin issues
• ENT Doctor – specializes in issues with the ear, nose or throat.
• Gynecology – deals with the female reproductive system.
• Neurology – study of brain functions and any illness associated with the brain.
• Podiatry – treating the foot or the ankle.
The Role of the ENT Doctor,
The ENT doctor is someone who has spent time studying all that there is to know about the processes in the ear, nose, throat and related structure in the head and neck. It is recognized as the oldest medical specialty field in the United States of America.
There are many reasons why the role of the ENT doctor is so important and relevant to both the medical profession and the general public:
• The ear is one of the most important organs in the human body; it enables you to hear everything which is going on around you. There are a number of issues which can be developed or born with in respect of your ears; these range from age related loss of hearing to facial nerve or cranial nerve disorders. It also covers birth defects, cancerous disorders and simple ear infections – any of which can cause issues with your balance.
• The nose is another important part of the body and another of the five senses. An ENT specialist will handle any issue regarding loss of your sense of smell, sinus issues, nasal cavity or nasal respiration issues and even the external appearance of the nose. Snoring is a common problem which is treated by ENT specialists.
• Throat problems usually centre on either the voice box or respiration issues; this will also include swallowing issues.
• The Head and neck are also dealt with by an ENT doctor where they will be able to assist with any infectious diseases, tumors or facial trauma; including reconstructive surgery.
Importance of an ENT doctor
This field of specialty requires up to fifteen years at college and ensures that these doctors are able to deal with any issue which arises on such an important area of the body. The following points emphasize why they are so important:
• Depth of knowledge gained and required for such a diverse range of possible issues
• Sensitivity as this specialty covers one of the most visible parts of the body; it is essential to have confidence in your doctor!
• It covers a huge range of possible illnesses and almost everyone will need to see one at some point in their life.
An ENT doctor is qualified to assist you with almost any issue and will do so based on many years at college, learning and understanding the issues faced by the human body. Not only will they understand your issue but their specialty leaves others free to specialize in other subjects.