You’ve always been very keen about your health, but sometimes, you tend to ignore certain alarming signs that your body needs professional chiropractor. That’s only because of the lack of knowledge about the needs of your body, and also because you don’t know how chiropractors can solve critical issues related to health.
We all know that pain in the neck or back means we need to schedule a visit to our chiropractic professional immediately, but those aren’t the only signals of danger. Here are 10 warning signs that you need to visit Family Wellness Clinic Whitby right away.
- The soles of your shoes wear out differently. This is a good sign that your body is out of alignment and needs to be readjusted. The feet are a good window to the skeleton and uneven wear is a reliable indicator of a subluxation in the spine.
- You suffer from headaches regularly. Frequent headaches are a warning sign that something is wrong in the body. Your chiropractor can diagnose the cause of your headaches and work with you on a treatment plan to make them stop.
- Chronic pain in your joints or muscles. Your chiropractor specializes in treating musculoskeletal complaints and can relieve pain throughout your body without resorting to the use of prescription drugs or surgery.
- Your work forces you into a sedentary position for long periods of time. Sitting still for eight or more hours a day can weaken the muscles, which can result in stress injuries. Chiropractic care can relieve the pressure caused by sedentary work posture.
- You’ve been in an accident recently. Trauma from sports injuries or car accidents can cause injuries that aren’t visible to the naked eye. Your chiropractor knows the warning signs of serious injury that can follow an accident, even if none are immediately obvious.
- You have been diagnosed with arthritis. Because arthritis is a joint condition, doctors of chiropractic are very familiar with its causes and treatments. Your chiropractic team can relieve the pain and stiffness associated with arthritis, and may be able to slow down its progression.
- Limited range of motion. If your neck doesn’t turn as far as it once did or your arms and legs aren’t as flexible as they used to be, it may be time to visit with your chiropractor so you can regain your range of motion.
- You feel as if pain pills are your only hope. Chiropractic care can work with or without pain medication. If you find yourself reaching for the pill bottle more than you’d like, it may be time to treat the cause of your problem, instead of just masking the symptoms.
- You want to be proactive with your health. Instead of only thinking about your health when you’re sick, your chiropractic team will work with you toward wellness as a way of life. Nutrition, exercise and stress advice are just a few of the ways your doctor of chiropractic can lead you toward holistic wellness.
- You suffer from fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome or other “invisible illness.” Chiropractic care can relieve the pain and tenderness that’s caused by these and other illnesses. Talk to your doctor of chiropractic to learn about appropriate treatment methods for your condition.