When it comes to tackle certain medical conditions, several experts believe in Superfoods as they contain effective nutrients in them and suppose to put a positive effect on a person’s health. If you are diagnosed with diabetes then you should consume Superfoods as they tend to control your blood sugar level and also helps you in fighting with the disease.
From the list of varieties of diabetic Superfoods, let’s explore some in less detail and see how they help the diabetic in achieving his health goal.
- Non-starchy vegetables: non-starchy veggies like broccoli and beets are comprised of vitamins, minerals, fiber and phytochemicals which offer long term satisfaction to your appetite.Besides, these veggies are low in calorie and carbohydrate which allow a diabetic to enjoy them with keen interest.
- Non-fat dairy products: Non-fat milk and yoghurt are the best dairy products that a diabetic must have in his diet. These products are the best source of Vitamin D which assists in keeping bones healthy.Besides, these are regarded as a smart choice for diabetes as they carry low GI scores means light weight foods.
- Tomatoes: among the list of Superfoods, tomatoes rule as they contain lycopene, the powerful substance that tends to lessen down the risk of cancer, heart disease and an eye disease that causes blurred vision. Even if you include tomatoes in your diabetic diet, you can reduce the cardiovascular risk which is mostly associated with Diabetes type 2.
- Berries: Berries are actually the powerhouses which not only give Vitamin C but also satisfy the fiber gaps which are thereby necessary to reduce the chances of heart disease and cancer.A diabetic can actually throw the berries in the form of raspberries, blueberries and even strawberries as they all helps the person in controlling his blood sugar level.
- Oranges: avail of the benefit of fiber and vitamin C by consuming oranges and other citrus. Orange contains lower GI score which is quite beneficial to the diabetic. But, try to consume the fruit rather picking the juice as it can raise the risk of diabetes.
- Walnuts: walnuts actually contain magnesium, fiber and Omega-3 fatty acids which aid in promoting heart health and controlling cholesterol level. Also, they contain Vitamin E, folic acid and zinc and tend to provide fats and helps in satisfying hunger.
- Beans: Beans are loaded with high fiber, protein and potassium and provide great help to people with type-2 diabetes. Also, beans helps in reducing the chance of coronary heart disease.
- Leafy green vegetables: Green leafy vegetables are nutritious powerhouse that carries vitamin A and Vitamin K which are quite good for the individual suffering from diabetes.They tend to bring down the high blood pressure also.