Teeth whitening is the most inexpensive, easy, and effortless method to get rid of stained and discolored teeth. Imperfect teeth are detrimental to one’s confidence and can adversely affect not only your personal life but also your professional one. Despite maintaining a regular and effective dental regime, your teeth can remain yellow and flawed. It can restrict you from smiling only and can cause severe confidence issues. If you have made the decision to avail the benefits of teeth whitening, there are some things you need to know.
Here are crucial facts to know about teeth whitening.
- Teeth are just like a sponge, always ready to absorb any element they might come in contact with. Whether you are consuming coffee, wine, other types of alcohol, or even colored fruits and berries, your teeth absorb it all and stain. Smoking is another critical reason for discolored and flawed teeth. These stains cause the natural color of your teeth to fade out until the only thing left are yellow stains that are stubborn and ugly to look at. Teeth whitening is the best way to get rid of these stains and imperfections and gain back lighter and cleaner teeth. Teeth whitening gels are most effective in removing these stains for they are well-known for getting absorbed in your teeth and pushing the stains out.
- People often have the misconception that teeth whitening will harm your teeth or damage its core. Teeth whitening is a perfective normal procedure that is 100% safe. Doctors use active ingredients to open the pores in your teeth which further lift the stains and give your teeth the whiter, lighter shade it deserves.
- After you have gone through the whitening procedure, you might suffer slight sensitivity in your teeth. Do not worry as it is perfectly normal and nothing to get vigilant at. This sensitivity is caused mainly because of the temporary dehydration that your teeth face after the method. This dehydration reduces the ability of your dental nerves to adapt the changes in the temperature. This sensitivity is a temporary process and after a couple of hours, your teeth go back to its normal state.
- If your teeth are equipped with artificial dental caps or veneers, you cannot get them whitened. These restored teeth are made which such fabricating material that they have no effect of bleach or any other whitening element on them. Get an appointment with your dentist and discuss in details what are your options before taking any decision.
- You have just gotten your teeth whitened and they are lighter than they have ever been before, it does not mean that it can never be stained or the whitening is permanent. Your whitened teeth can get discolored again if you continue consuming alcohol, cigarettes, berries, or other staining food items. You might need to get them retouched to keep the lighter shade. Moreover, it is crucial to religiously maintain a well-planned dental regime right after the whitening procedure. The pores in your teeth are more open and therefore, more susceptible to staining. A thorough cleaning regime maintained every day will keep your teeth fresh and white for long.