Partial dentures provide a lot of advantages to the people who wear it but one should wear such dentures only if they are recommended by a dentist. Now if your dentist has asked you to wear partial dentures, then it is also very important that you take very good care of the partial dentures in order to increase its longevity.
If you are interested to know more about the various ways by which you can make use of these partial dentures, then given below is a list of the ways:
- There is a possibility that your dentist asks you to use a denture cleaner to clean the partial dentures. Make sure that when you buy the denture cleaners they should have the American dental association seal of acceptance
- It is always advisable to stand on a towel or sink of water when you clean the dentures, because in case they fall, they will for sure not get damaged.
- You cannot use tooth paste to clean the dentures as they can be too harsh on the dentures.
- You can also use mild dishwashing liquid or hand soap to clean these dentures. But make sure that you use mild and not harsh dishwashers because harsh dishwashers might damage the partial dentures.
- It is also important to brush the dentures regularly in order to ensure that there is no food particle stuck in between the dentures. This prevents the dentures from becoming permanently damaged.
- There are certain brushes which are specially designed to clean the partial dentures, so it is best to use such partial dentures. Do not use brushes which have hard bristles.
- During the cleaning of the dentures make sure that you gently clean the dentures and make sure that the plastic or the attachments are not damaged.
- You should not chew, gargle or swallow during the process of cleaning the dentures with the denture cleaners.
- Clean the dentures properly before you place them in your mouth.
But apart from cleaning the dentures, it is also important that you get them adjusted. With age your mouth changes and as a result of this it is important that the dentures are also well adjusted. But whenever you have to make such adjustments, make sure that you get in touch with a reputed dentist like Dr. Kami Hoss.
With time there is a possibility of the bones and the gum ridges to shrink or recede which might result in the dentures which might not fit in the best way. Again, these poorly fitted dentures can cause infections in the gums which might further cause problems. But remember that you should not try to adjust these dentures by yourself, because there is a possibility that you might damage it completely and might also injure your gums.
It is always advisable for you to go to a reputed dentist like Dr. Kami Hoss so that he is able to help you adjusting the partial dentures and also solves all other dental issues.